Demelza embraces digital!
Our AGM is usually an opportunity to celebrate the previous financial year. As you can imagine, this year’s was slightly different as we could not have our trustees, staff and volunteers in one (virtual) room without talking about the current COVID-19 crisis.
However, celebrate our achievements we did! With the support of amazing donors like the Cantiacorum Foundation, we provided:
· Direct care to 642 children and young people
· Care to several hundred more children as part of our hospital in-reach programme at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital
· Care and support to around 4,000 individuals (children, young people and family members)
· 665 Care at Home sessions to 41 families in Kent and 91 families in East Sussex
· 2,000 Volunteer hours directly supporting our families
In terms of the here and now, we are embracing our new normal and continuing to support our families in new and innovative ways. We are determined to help our families through this unpredictable and uncertain time, whilst supporting them out of shielding so they can carry on making the most of their short time together.
We are currently finalising a ‘Reset and Recovery Plan’ which will run until April 2022 giving us a road map out of the pandemic emergency and will help to protect our long-term sustainability. One of the positives of the pandemic and more communication via digital means is the huge increase in conversations with families; all of our current and future plans are underpinned by feedback and consultation with families (more than ever before).